I adore the times spent with my fellow members of the Paige Turner Book Club...but I have a literary appetite that simply cannot be sated with just one book a month. This blog is a place for me to talk about more of my reading adventures. Reviews, summaries, highlights, warnings, praises and quotes. Because after all, it can be a jungle...er...savannah...out there.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reading Update

I thought I would post an update on my reading so far this year:

Raw Stats:

  • 12 books read.
  • 8 new (67%).
  • 4 re-reads (33%).
  • 5,601 pages.  

Challenges:

  • TBR Challenge - Goal:  12 books.  Completed: 2 books.  Not bad there.  I'm on pace to finish by the end of the year.
  • Audio Book Challenge - Goal: 20 books.  Completed: 4 books.  I'm almost done the 5th, with number 6 waiting in the wings.   You haven't seen any reviews/reports yet because I'm waiting to finish the whole series first.
  • Support Your Local Library Challenge - Goal: 50 books. Completed: 8 books.  Almost done the 9th (an audio book), and am in the middle of number 10. 

Books I'm reading right now:

  • The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan - part of my quest through the Wheel of Time series
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - a book club assignment.
  • Cleaving: A Story of Marraige, Meat and Obsession by Julie Powell - the follow-up to "Julie and Julia."
  • The Pursuit of God: A 31-day experience by A.W. Tozer- a Bible Study assignment.
  • Decoding the Universe: How the new Science of Information is Explaining Everything in the Cosmos, from our Brains to Black Holes by Charles Seife - surprisingly engaging and really interesting stuff.

Coming up:

  • The Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan - the quest continues
  • The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis - both for the TBR challenge and for book club.
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) by Rick Riodan - After enjoying the movie, I'm looking forward to diving into the books.

Anything I should add to the list? *grin*

1 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Looks like you're doing great so far in 2010. :)

You already know my opinion on The Wheel of Time and Percy Jackson, so YAY! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Universe book - it sounds like something I might really enjoy.