I adore the times spent with my fellow members of the Paige Turner Book Club...but I have a literary appetite that simply cannot be sated with just one book a month. This blog is a place for me to talk about more of my reading adventures. Reviews, summaries, highlights, warnings, praises and quotes. Because after all, it can be a jungle...er...savannah...out there.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast

"Hunted" is book 5 in the House of Night series.  A collection of books that has become my rainy day guilty pleasure.  Each installment only takes a few hours to read.  Plus, since each book only advances the plot a few days or so, I can read one long after I've read the one before without becoming lost.  In any case, the main character's constant internal battles and remeniscing fill in any potential blanks that might have formed. 

Similar to Twilight, the protagonist's main weakness is the men in her life.  But what I like about this series is that it explores deeper topics even while it embraces the vampire angst.  The focus of "Hunted" is faith and free will.  And I have to admit, it's one of my favorite of the series so far. 

I especially love that Zoey has faith in herself, in her Goddess, and in her support system, even while she is obviously struggling with doubts as well.  Is she ever 100% sure?  Not really.  But does she step out and make the decisions she believes she must to do what is good and what will save those she loves?  Always.  I can't help but admire that.

The series is planned to include 13 novels.  I'm looking forward to following the story arc through to the end.  (Even if it does move slower than the Wheel of Time series.  And *that's* saying something!)

0 comments: