I adore the times spent with my fellow members of the Paige Turner Book Club...but I have a literary appetite that simply cannot be sated with just one book a month. This blog is a place for me to talk about more of my reading adventures. Reviews, summaries, highlights, warnings, praises and quotes. Because after all, it can be a jungle...er...savannah...out there.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goals for 2010

To Be Read Challenge

Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.

* Violin - Anne Rice
* Called Out of Darkness - Anne Rice


* The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
* Extraordinary: The Life You're Meant to Live - John Bevere
* A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael - Elisabeth Elliot
* The Color Purple - Alice Walker
* A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Donald Miller
* The Genesis Trilogy - Madeleine L'Engle
* The entire bookshelf in the guest bedroom...
   Skinny Dip by Carl Haissen
   
Audio Book Challenge
 
I'm going for "Obsessed" – Listen to 20 Audio Books.


The challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Audio books only, and only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.

I am listening my way through the "Wheel of Time." - So that's 11 books to start...

Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge

I'm like my blogging friend Heather with this one.  I get a lot of  books from the library anyway, this will be more of a "patting myself on the back" thing. I won't be making a reading list for this one, just adding them as I pick them up.


I'm going for the "Just My Size" level  – Check out and read 50 library books.

Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.  My favorite part?  Crossovers from other reading challenges count!

3 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Ha! It looks like I've converted another blogger to the fun of reading challenges. :)

Since you are already working through THE WHEEL OF TIME, do you think you'll be able to tune in to my "That's How I Blog!" show on 2/9? We'll be discussing The Eye of the World during the book club portion!

Regina said...

I'd love to!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Great! I'll be posting details on my blog as the date gets closer. :)